Every year, people use around 5 billion plastic bags. These bags do not quickly degrade and are very difficult to recycle. As a result, they destroy our wildlife and harm the ecosystem when they enter the environment.
Many countries have recently prohibited the use of plastic bags to keep the environment safe. For this reason, many businesses are opting for more environmentally friendly options. One such option is paper bags.
However, you might have some concerns about the quality of the bags before making the switch. This article will explore a few commonly asked questions about paper bags.
Paper bags are eco-friendly packaging solutions made of recycling paper. The paper that people use to make these is thick. Some examples include manila paper, hardcover paper, calendar paper, and rainbow paper. The thick material of these bags ensures that they are both strong and lightweight. This makes them ideal for use in restaurants or grocery stores.
These bags are both aesthetically pleasing and trendy. No wonder many companies are rapidly switching to this packaging choice! Using paper bags is not only an easy method to improve the branding of your company. It is also a much more environmentally friendly option.
Although it may not seem so at first glance, paper bags frequently outperform their plastic counterparts in strength.
Most people think plastic bags might be more sturdy, but this is false. Both bags share the same fundamental function, but paper bags are much more durable. Due to their rectangular structure, they provide a much wider and broader space in the bag.
One big reason many companies use paper bags is because of how sturdy they are. They are aware of the fact that they can put several products inside the bags without the bags ripping. This increases customer satisfaction as none of the contents will drop while traveling.
They can also support more weight because manufacturers construct them using thick paper. On the other hand, the handles on plastic bags rip very quickly as they are not made from a rigid material.
Paper bags have a variety of uses. Businesses use bags with handles when they want users to travel conveniently. Two examples of paper bags with handles are:
– Shopping bags utilized in retail stores
– Takeout bags used in restaurants
However, if you sell products like groceries, you can use paper bags without handles. Two examples of such bags are grocery paper bags or SOS paper bags. Remember not to use these with heavier items, as these bags cannot hold up as much weight.
It’s always great to add a personal touch to your bag. You can do this by customizing your bags with printed logos instead of using plain bags. But is it possible to print the custom logos onto paper bags?
The answer is yes! You can get your logos custom printed on any paper bag. Whether it be an SOS paper bag without handles or a euro tote bag with handles. You can also choose other methods like silk-screening and gold hot stamping. This will further add a touch of luxury to your bags.
The sizes of products have a significant impact on paper bag sizes. It makes sense that the larger the product, the larger the bag should be. The same is the case with smaller bags.
Nonetheless, it can be quite a challenge to determine if a particular size is standard. To make it simpler for you to pick from, here are some standard product sizes:
- Lunch Bags. These can carry items up to 1/2 – 5 lb. The length is 11 inches, with the width being 3 – 5 inches, and the height is 5 – 10 inches.
- Grocery Bags. They are bigger in comparison as they can hold groceries up to 2 – 25 lb. The length of these is 17 inches, the width is 4 -12 inches, and the height is 7 – 18 inches.
- Beer, Wine, and Liquor Bags. Since the bottles are all of different shapes and sizes, the capacity of these bags varies. The length also depends on your beer, wine, or liquor choice. However, the standard width is 3-10 inches, while the height is 11-16 inches.
- Baguette Bread Bags. Again, the type and size of bread are important factors when choosing bread paper bags. The width is usually 4-5 inches, while the height is 16-28 inches.
- Resealable Tin Tie Coffee Bags. Since coffee is usually held in smaller bags, these bags can only hold up to 1/2 – 8 lb in capacity. The length of these is around 9 inches, the width is 4 – 6 inches, and the height is 7 – 16 inches.
- Merchandise Bags. The capacity varies here depending on what merchandise you’re giving out. However, the standard width size is 6-21 inches, and the height is usually 9-24 inches.
Were you aware that plastic bags can take 400-1000 years to break down?
One significant benefit of paper is how it decomposes considerably quicker than plastic. Therefore, it is much less likely to become a major source of littering and endangering our wildlife.
People can also recycle paper bags more widely and efficiently than plastic bags. This encourages a circular economy and lowers the need to create new raw materials to make more bags.
Many people question if we can recycle paper bags safely. Unlike plastic bags, you can 100% recycle paper bags. Paper bags don’t release any hazardous gasses the way plastic bags do.
It also takes a lot less time to recycle paper bags, and the process is a lot smoother. Although plastic bags can take many years to degrade, paper bags only take a couple of days.
Plus, you can decompose them quickly, even in your backyard! All you have to do is throw in the compost and the paper bags in the soil while collecting them. We cannot say the same for plastic bags, though! Recycling plastic bags can contaminate your soil; paper bags do not.
AvecoBaggie specializes in providing high-quality, durable paper bag services. Here, you can find a multitude of eco-friendly plastic bags at wholesale prices.
As you can see, utilizing paper bags has several advantages. These can help both you and the environment in the long run. Paper bags are your go-to if you’re trying to find bags that give off a classic appearance. Their durability, versatility, and reusability make them an excellent choice for any situation.
We hope this article helped answer the questions that companies have about bags. If you have any more questions, you can contact us here.